[Bards] Re: Bards - Bard of Namron at Beltane

kateryne_la_esclopiera at juno.com kateryne_la_esclopiera at juno.com
Thu May 3 14:03:15 PDT 2001

         A WOMAN WITH WILD HAIR AND A RED DRESS PEEKS IN THE AREA
Hehmm. 'scues me a moment.
        SHE LOOKS AT DARIUS WARMLY AND HER NERVOUSNESS CAN BE SEEN AS IF

         IT WERE A CHEAP POLYESTER TUNIC JUST WAITING TO BE PULLED
         APART BY PERIOD POLICE
That would be me.  You may be the current Bard of Weisenfeuer with all
the glory and glitz that comes with the postion, but  I am THE GIMP and I
can weave a story that will make women blush and the men swoon...
        SHE PAUSES IN OBVIOUS THOUGHT
wait, maybe that would be men blush and women swoon.  Oh, wait, that
would be me blushing and everyone booing.  That couldn't be right...
        SHE SHAKES OFF THE CONFUSION - TOSSING IT UPON HIS EXCELLENCY
        AETHELSTAN.  SHE HAS TOTAL TERROR UPON HER FACE
Oooo, that's not good.  Sorry Your wonderful, gracious, fabulous,
beautifulness Excellency.  Didn't mean to get any of that on you.
        SHE GRIMACES
Anyway, I will stand to your challenge and compete with you at the
Bardic.
        PAUSING, SHE POINTS TO DARIUS
Now I throw a challenge to you!  I challenge you to show your support for
your King, your Queen, and your Kingdom of Ansteorra
        WITH CROWD CHEERING, THE GIMP STEPS BACK LOOKING LIKE A DEER
        THAT'S BEEN HEADLIGHTED
Ahem, Okay...I challenge you to volunteer to be a Kisser at the
Toad-Alley Kissing Booth Saturday!!!
         SHE GETS THE CAROL BURNETT EVIL EYE
I don't think you're bard enough to do it!!!
         SHE STANDS IN AN OFFENSIVE MANNER...WHAT DO YOU EXPECT SHE'S A
         WENCH AND THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO BE OFFENSIVE!!!
Show me that I am wrong and I will, ah, ooo, umm
         SHE PAUSES AND LOOKS TO ULFIE
Hey Uuulllfffiiieee!  Got any suggestions?
         HE GLARES AT HER AS ONLY A BARON OF HIS MAGNATUDE CAN -
         RATHER CUTELY
Sorry, I'll finish.  Um, Darius, ah, yeah, you get the idea....
        SHE LOOKS OVER TO OWEN THE AUTOCRATE
Hey Owen, hows's that for a plug????  Good????
        SMILING AT EVERYONE AS IF SHE WERE THE CAT WHO ATE THE
         MEAT OFF YOUR SANDWICH,
See you guys at Namron's Beltane Bardic!  Good luck to you all and don't
forget to bring your quarters for the Toad-Alley Kissing Booth to raise
money for the Black Star.
         SHE LOOKS AT AETHELSTAN WHO LOOKS ABSOLUTELY LOST
What?  You don't know shameless plug when you see it???

Kateryn la Esclopiera

Il est bon d'etre la ganse.
(It's good to be the gimp.)
                         -Ryn the Gimp