[Bards] Hello everyone!!!

Ori Pomerantz ori at simple-tech.com
Mon Nov 19 03:50:49 PST 2001

	Hi,

> When you begin to prepare for a bardic session, how do you go about
> getting ready?

	Mostly by driving around with a tape I recorded in which every
second piece or so is the piece I'm learning, and reciting it with the
tape whenever it gets there. By the time I get to the event I may be sick
and tired of it, but I'll know the piece. Warning: This works a lot better
if you're the only one in the car.

> Where do you go for you verbal art?
	In my case, the Old Testament and later Jewish sources. Mistress
Jalali suggested I'll use the OT as a source, and it works out really well
because it's period AND it's something nobody else is doing (AFAIK).
Variety is the spice of Bardic. Also, it allows me to show off the fact I
know Hebrew.
	Another source of inspiration is happenings at events, such as
being woken up by a herald ("Killing the Morning Herald") or how friendly
everybody is ("Ansteorran Hospitality"). I don't do those unless I have
something I think is really good, simply because there are more people
doing it than the Jewish stuff.

> Why do you choose the things you do?
	To be entertaining. Also, to be different. When in last year's
Spring (a leak) Faire I heard so many pieces on honor and chivalry, I
prepared a piece about an assassin for Wa(te)r Lord. When in that Wa(te)r
Lord I heard so many pieces about how fierce and terriable Ansteorrans
were, I wrote a piece about Ansteorran Hospitality.
	I don't do it because what everybody else is doing is wrong in any
way, but simply because I enjoy variety and I believe so do other people.

	Bye,
		Ori