[Bards] [Bards]new sailing song

LrdWayland at aol.com LrdWayland at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 23:26:29 PDT 2002

Here's a traditional old whaling song, ok I lie. I wrote this one a couple of
weeks ago.
Catch me at an event and I'll be glad to torture you with my singing.

Sweet Foam
Lord Wayland of Durlach

Chorus:
 Here I am, by the sea shore. Wanting to travel home.
 The waves roll in as the sun does rise, and all I smell is the foam, sweet
foam,
 All I smell is the foam

(1)
 I sailed upon a whaling ship, hunting the huge sea beast
 Close to the shore we encountered a storm
 and shortly thereafter the reef
 The ship broke apart upon the rocks,
 And I was pitched over the side.
 One by one my shipmates were lost
 As they drowned in the stormy tide.

(2)
 As I swam I thought of my mountain home
 My true love still waiting for me
 The memory stayed though my strength was gone
 My tears swallowed up by the sea
 The sea gave back the remains of a man,
 Left high on the sand by a wave.
 I watched as the townsmen gathered me up
 They carried me off to a grave.

(3)
 I wish they carried me o'er the steep passes,
 To the mountain and forest, the place I call home.
 But a sailor they said belongs near the ocean,
 To watch the sun rise and smell the sweet foam.