[Bards] roll call

Marlin Stout ldcharles at ev1.net
Fri Feb 8 19:11:34 PST 2002

Keely Disman wrote:

> I am Joan Hebert, recently moved to the Steppes Barony
> from the Barony of Ravensfort.  I have been doing
> campfire bardics for almost five years now.  I have
> been wanting to enter some of the competitions, but I
> know that my story telling leaves even more to be
> desired than my singing!

 Don't let that stop you, Milady. I've gotten some very good advice from
more experienced performers after being in competitions. It's also a
good way to stretch your abilities, since you'll probably be using your
best piece and trying your best.
 And remember, there's no shame in not winning a competition. At
Candlemas last weekend I was one of about seven performers for Bryn
Gwlad's bardic title. Only one would win, but that didn't make any of
the rest of us any worse off for trying.

Ld Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad