[Bards] Bard project???

willow taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Thu Jul 4 22:33:42 PDT 2002

Are their any Bard projects in the works?

I have an idea for one that we could work on our free time. A courtesy
book. Have you ever seen one. I will try to get you an example. They were
in poetry form and they would have a section on table manners and one on
talking to you betters and one on being nice to everyone. They usually
had funny parts.

I had the idea when I was dealing with a newcomer. He went through the
buffet line like it was an all you can eat place.  He had never been at a
buffet that wasn't a "all you can eat". He wasn't rude he just didn't
know better. Many of our newcomers don't realize the economics of the
SCA. This subject is broached in the period courtesy book so we could
talk about the problem and not seem out of line.

What do you all think?
Willow