[Bards] formats ?

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 7 10:00:46 PDT 2002

Hi everyone, sorry for the mo ths of silence, but I was bussy trying to
graduate from college, which I did. :)

Anway, I atended the Heraldic and Scribal symposium this weekend and talked
about things bardic, heraldic and scribal until dawn's early light with
people from all over the kingdome, it was extremely enjoyable and very
informative.

Interesting topic came up in the process, we were talking about the various
formats that exist for Bardic competitions, and I was suprised to hear of
several formats that I had never even dreame dof before. So here I am, still
in an 'investigative' mood, wondering what formats there are out there. As
we ard the bards of Ansteorra, I cna think of no other group to ask.

So, what are the formats that that exist, and what are the pros and cost to
them from the point of the judging and the competitors? Please, post your
answers, I am trying to get a feel for exactly what IS out there.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk