[Bards] Traditions - A Poem

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Wed Jul 10 14:39:28 PDT 2002

> Robert, I love this poem but it does point out a problem we are going to
> have.

Only if a Courtesy book is being commisioned and not compiled.

>  While it has been tradition in the Middle Kingdom to bow to the thrones
> since the time of king Thay, it has not been a required custom in our
> kingdom.

But it is a courtesy.

> Ansteorra wanted to make it very clear that the crown
> was in the person not things so we rejected these customs.

But I see it done, in Ansteorran events, by many people who are present
there.

> Kingship does
> not reside in crowns or throne. The duty of the crown can not be put
> aside.

Agreed, but the thrones and crowns _are_ a symbol of their royal presence.

If Robert had changed the word "Traditions" for "Courtesies" would you still
hesitate?