[Bards] Traditions - A Poem

Susan Bowen philippa at ev1.net
Thu Jul 11 07:43:49 PDT 2002

I bow before the empty thrones, because I believe that is what Philippa
Rookhaven would have done. I have always understood this to be more of a
persona thing than an Ansteorran tradition. I see it as similar to the Norse
personas who salute the throne by placing their fist over their heart rather
than bowing. Perhaps the rhyme for this should cover the tradition in
various cultures we study rather than assuming that there is an overarching
Ansteorran tradition on the subject. That way people could come to a
decision based on who they see themselves to be in the SCA.
Pippa