[Bards] Traditions - A Poem

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Thu Jul 11 12:08:48 PDT 2002

Gottfried said:

If I may offer a ha'penny,  It seems a fair number of the Bards might be at
Cornoation, would it be possible or dare I say probable for the bards to
rendesvous and perhaps begin wordsmithing then and there and thusly begin
the collaborative effort for those interested in contributing.  Perhaps by
Day's End we can have a few works to present to their Highnesses soon to be
Excellencies.

If someone, might be willing to contact her Grace at Coronation the bards in
attendance might have a list of topics to go by.

Pendaran responds:

Soon to be Excellencies? Who's going to demote Pat & Julia? ;-)

Seriously, though - I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my writing
usually needs to go through
several revisions before I'm ready to show it to others. More power to
anyone who can bang something
out that day, but I'll probably have to:

1. Get inspired (a completely random event)
2. Ruminate for a while
3. Write
4. Re-write and think its great
5. Change my mind and re-write some more
6. Loose the dang thing
7. Start something else
8. Find and re-read the dang thing
9. Re-write some more
10. Unlock Shakespeare's secrets of poetry in a dream
11. Loose all of those secrets because I forgot to write them down
12. Finally get satisfied with a rough draft, send to my sounding boards
(Mari & Thomas)
13 Re-write
14. Get feedback from sounding boards, re-write some more
15. Get tired of the dang thing and call it finished

If I can do all of that at Coronation, I'd be happy to hand it over for
submission to a Book of Courtesy. :-)

Pendaran