[Bards] Courtesy book report from Conation

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 10:49:46 PDT 2002

Bonjour, mes amis.

I would very much like to learn about bardic
courtesies.  What this brought to my mind is allowing
everyone a turn.  At so many bardics, a few people
seem to take the floor, and then never yield it or
even seem aware that others might wish to perform, but
don't want to interupt or wedge their way into the
circle.  Is this anywhere near what you are talking
about?

I really enjoyed the informal bardic at Lughnasad last
year, which was a very large circle, by the way, yet
many people were able to perform.  It is so nice to
get to hear a variety of songs, stories, jokes & etc.
I personally think it helps one grow as a bard.

Amicalement,
Madelina de Lindesaya

<snip>