[Bards] Waking The Dream

Fitzmorgan at aol.com Fitzmorgan at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 21:54:32 PDT 2002

I wrote this a few years ago then lost it.  I re-created it a few months ago.
 This is the original version.

       Waking The Dream

The Dreams that drive our lives and lift our hearts,
And urge us to be better than we are.
Are fired within us by the bardic arts.
A signpost in our hearts.  Our bright North star.
Long dead heroes walk the Earth again.
And by their lives they show us how to live.
Brought to life again by poet's pen.
Eternal life that only bards can give.
So draw your breath to tell the tales of old.
Sing again the songs of yesterday.
Songs of honor, tales of heroes bold.
And spark a fire within to light the way.
       Respect the bards and show them high esteem
       It's they who write the words that wake the dream.