[Bards] other people's works.

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 06:43:31 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/17/2002 6:41:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
jerryn at houston.rr.com writes:

> the gift of
> > the muses is for all to enjoy and none to own."

             Greetings All,
       I was once told (and agree) that if one writes a piece that one enjoys
performing, it is appropriate to keep said piece and perform it for maybe a
year or maybe less, and should then submit it to an SCA publication for all
to freely use.  Thus, the "muse" may be served unselfishly and to the benefit
of all.  Would that I didn't have to but imagine the pride I would feel were
one of my poems performed at a circle by another.

             Peace,
             Ysfael