[Bards] Bardic Comps For Minors

Marlin Stout ldcharles at ev1.net
Sat Jul 20 11:47:56 PDT 2002

Kelley Ross wrote:

> Hi all...Anqelique Le Woulfe here (aka Kelley...Finn Kelley and Cyf's daughter) just wanted to say hi and that I am new to the list.  On the other hand,  I do have a question about bardic comps at some of the larger events (Steppes, Wars, and what not).  I am 15 and wanted to start competing regularly but don't know if I should be competing in the minors competitions or not.  I have competed in a few small ones but I am a little wary of getting in over my head at any large events.  Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all and I hope to talk to you soon.
>
> Sincerely,
> Angelique Le Woulfe
> House Wolfstar

 I would suggest competing with the adults if you're interested in doing
so. Don't be intimidated by those who have more experience, we all
entered our first competition sometime, and the best way to improve your
skills is to use them. I look forward to hearing you perform sometime.
 You could also come to Bryn Gwlad Baronial in October (if you can talk
your folks into it.) We'll be having a bardic circle, not a competition,
and you might find that a less stressful venue in which to start playing
with the big kids.

LD Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad