[Bards] Bardic Comps For Minors

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Sat Jul 20 16:56:47 PDT 2002

LD Charles MacKinnon wrote:
>I look forward to hearing you perform sometime.
>  You could also come to Bryn Gwlad Baronial in October (if you can talk
>your folks into it.) We'll be having a bardic circle, not a competition,
>and you might find that a less stressful venue in which to start playing
>with the big kids.

Having heard her preform, she will also be a major challenge to the
adults.  Anqelique, I do so hope you can make it to Moonshaddowe Guardian
this year.  Kit will be running the Children's Tourney and is really
excieted about it.  She also is so ready to win her first title, I think
she can taste it.  Guardian, 3 years ago, was our first event, and Lord Ivo
Blackhawk encouraged her to enter the adult bardic.  Low and behold, she
won the best poem and joined he and HL Toinette de Cambre in the
finals.  No need to mention, she was hooked and HE Catrin ferch Gwilliam
only made it worse with 'a little walk on the cliffs' and a gift of
amber.  She missed Guardian the next year and last made the finals again,
was the Children's Bard and also recieved her Rising Star.  She is so
excieted that her sister Peg is going to enter her second bardic
competition there and is planning many small favors to recognize our bardic
future.  Guardian will always be a very special event for us and we would
love to hear your beautiful voice there.

Susan the Curious
mom of Kit and Peg
and Hospitaller of Northkeep