[Bards] Bard project???

willow taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Sat Jul 6 10:57:49 PDT 2002

Yes, that would be it. But I think it would OK to touch on some matters
that are covered by other booklets. Many people have never seen those
booklets. For example I could see a cute poem on the Courtesy addresses.
Maybe putting them in poetry would make them easier for some people to
remember.

I did this poem a while back but I lost half of it.

The Question has been asked of late
of how I should relate to canton, shire, barony and  state.
Should I be forceful or mild, timid or bold.
Should I speak up right away or wait till I'm told.
The Answer is not hard to find.
It lays in wisdom as old as time.
In everyone there lies a dream
quietly waiting to be seem.
For some it is the Hero of the Nordic lands,
whose strength of honor and gift-giving hands
show us the glory of his heroic times
and to this glory out hearts he binds.
For others it is the noble, question knight,
whose love of justice sets things right.
He protects what is meek, and mild, and fair,
so love of Art and Beauty floats through the air.
Some love the ready with and flashing smile
of those who follow the rapier style.
In glorious splendor, well array
they can dance to sunrise or go on a raid.
Each one brings their part of dream
And all together it makes an unique special thing.
What should we do to make this shining  star glow?
First be fair of speech. This makes friend of foe.

( the rest of the poem went on to discuss Manners)

I was thinking of a small introduction and then a sections on table
manners, how to greet people,what to do and not do when going up into
court, basic etiquette with hand kissing, dealing with personas, the
don't of camping, etc.  Each section would have some funny things on what
not to do. I thought each one of us could take a section.  This is not
written in stone. The one thing I hoped to stress is basic courtesy.
Always put yourself in the other person shoe and make it easier for the
other person. I don't think it should be very long.