[Bards] Traditions - A Poem

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Mon Jul 8 20:12:01 PDT 2002

Well, I think that is definitely on the right track! Robert, remember the
book on poetry forms, wherein the author explains each style of poetry by
describing it in that style of poetry? It certainly made understanding the
patterns so much clearer. This would do the same thing.  I think the idea is
just clever as the dickens and I think we should not let this project slip
by.
And let us agree that, while it is certainly more clever to write in
brilliant form, the main objective is to make the piece memorable, and easily
understood. In that sense, I think we should concentrate primarily on the
idea we are conveying, rather than say, showing off our abilities to compose
in difficult styles.
Robert's piece is a very good example of the direction I see us taking. Any
other input here?
Anawyn