[Bards] Traditions - A Poem

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Wed Jul 10 14:08:35 PDT 2002

All,

I don't think that anyone is saying that bowing in front of the thrones is
"good" or "bad". We are questioning whether or not is Ansteorran tradition.
Given that much of our history and our culture has been forgotten over the
years, I think that it is important to keep in touch with our particularly
Ansteorran traditions. It is those traditions that help make our Ansteorran
culture unique from other kingdoms. Our motto is, after all, Unique and
Singular (or something close to that in Latin).

I therefore suggest that if we care to address bowing before the thrones, we
teach the history given by Duchess Willow: we respectfully state that why it
is a custom elsewhere, but why it is also not a custom here.

Having said all of that, I will also say that if someone wants to put
together a book of any sort, it can't be done by committee. Lots of input
can be welcome and considered, but at the end of the day one person or a
very small group must decide what goes in and what stays out. If someone out
there doesn't like what's been published, they can always publish their own
book.

My two cents,
Pendaran