[Bards] Bardic Forum and Exhibition at Pennsic!

Tim Jennings talisman at freespace.net
Tue Jun 25 09:44:57 PDT 2002

Greetings to all Bardic types,

This is a series of public service announcements from the Bardic Arts
Exhibition and Forum Coodinator for Pennsic XXXI (That would be me:). PLease
pass it on to anyone you think would be interested and encourage your Crowns
to attend the Exhibition!

****************

The following is our tentative list of Forum times for the upcoming  Pennsic
War, with brief descriptions of the Forum topics:

Bardic Arts Forum (General): These "classes" will be a series of ongoing
moderated
discussion panels for all levels of bardagh on a variety of  subjects
dealing
with aspects of the bardic arts (1 topic per day). Each forum session will
be 2 hours in length, and it is not necssary to attend every session. A
series of
challenges will be presented over the week as 'lab' work to take away after
the seminars (if you wish).

Mon 12,12:00 A.M. Known World Bardic Arts Forum: Bardic Toolbox: Performance
techniques and mechanics (voice, gesture,posture, presentation, etc).
Composition techniques and the creation of new works.

Tue 13,12:00 A.M. Known World Bardic Arts Forum:  Poets, Patronage and
Projects - Discussion on suppporting bardic arts for non-performers

Wed 14,12:00 A.M. Known World Bardic Arts Forum: Period Style &
Presentation: How do you research "period style" for an original piece. Is
it possible to do "period style" in a language other than the original? What
aspects then become most important.

Thu 15,12:00 A.M. Known World Bardic Arts Forum:  Encouraging the Bardic
Arts - How do we get novices to get up and play? How can we increase the
diversity of work and presentation in our Kingdoms? Across the Knowne World?

Fri 16,12:00 A.M. Known World Bardic Arts Forum: A Work-In-Progress
orkshop  - Putting it all together (a 'master class' type seminar based on
the work created throughout the week)

*********************
As many of you may know, The Pennsic Theatre is proud to host an exhibition
of the Bardic Arts (Song, Story, Poetry relevant to the culture of the
Society), on t
he Thursday of War week (August 15th) from 3-6pm.

Any gentles interested in participating should contact me directly at
tim at roseneath.ca
or at 519 787 2399.

Please note that we will be attempting to showcase as many original works as
possible, so please include a description of your entry/ies in your email.

Thank you for your indulgence, and your support
See you all at War!!

Yours in Service,
Garraed Galbraith
Coordinator - Bardic Arts Exhibition/Forum Coordinator
Pennsic XXXI
Ealdormere