[Bards] New Poem: The Nightingale

Fitzmorgan at aol.com Fitzmorgan at aol.com
Mon May 27 19:02:56 PDT 2002

I wrote this this weekend.  One of my first poems in a very long time.

The Sweetest song of any bird that sings.
Is often said to be the Nightingale.
Who's song delights our ears and doth give wings,
Unto our hearts as throught the night it sails.
Of all the marly nature has to show
The Nightingale does sing a pleasent song.
But to another voice I'd have you know.
Sweet Beautys prize does rightfully belong.
A voice to lift your heart into the sky.
A song of joy and beauty, charm and grace.
A song so sweet a tear comes to your eye.
A smile so sweet a smile comes to yur face.
       And Elenore Fairchild is the name.
       Of she who puts the Nightingale to shame.