[Bards] The Nightingale (sans typos)

Fitzmorgan at aol.com Fitzmorgan at aol.com
Mon May 27 19:46:35 PDT 2002

I should proofread then post, not the other way around.

The Nightingale

The Sweetest song of any bird that sings.
Is often said to be the Nightingales.
Who's song delights our ears and doth give wings,
Unto our hearts as through the night it sails.
Of all that merely nature has to show
The Nightingale does sing a pleasant song.
But to another voice I'd have you know.
Sweet Beauty's prize does rightfully belong.
A voice to lift your heart into the sky.
A song of joy and beauty, charm and grace.
A song so sweet a tear comes to your eye.
A smile so sweet a smile comes to your face.
       And Eleanor Fairchild is the name.
       Of she who puts the Nightingale to shame.