[Bards] Barding in the real world

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 22:35:45 PDT 2002

My lord,

that was absolutely beautiful. It certainly brought
tears to my eyes. It really made me think of my father
and the sacrifices he has made. You see, my father is
a firefighter. I've also had the great privilage to
work with many of Arlington's Finest. It's sad that it
took something so tragic to make people really
appreciate them.

Please, on this day and all others, thank a police
officer or firefighter for putting their lives on the
line. They may shrug it off and tell you "I'm only
doing my job," but it's a job that few are cut out
for.

Proud daughter of a 25 year veteran firefighter,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Barony of Sun Dragon
Kingdom of Atenveldt

--- Varden <varden1614 at cox.net> wrote:

> Just wanted to share
>
> A September Morning
>
> The sun rose again today
> The birds still sing in the trees
> Children still play in the parks
> As life goes on this day
>
> While a shadow does creep at the edges
> And for many grief does hold sway
> With time all things turn green again
> As life goes on this day
>
> A year its been since we watched it all
> Shock, and dismay, as buildings did fall
> A year its been and we still walk on
> As life goes on this day
>
> What shall happen
> In the coming days