[Bards] Heraldic History (Was Symbology)

TheSpatlord at aol.com TheSpatlord at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 13:00:13 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/21/03 2:25:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
Fitzmorgan at aol.com writes:

<<       Why did we chose to have a "mullet of five greater and five lesser
 points sable"?  Was it just that someone thought that looked cooler than a 5
 pointed star or is there some significence to the 10 pointed star?  Who
 designed this?  I'd like to know the history behind our Heraldry.

 Robert Fitzmorgan >>

Which reminds me...
  Why is it that the Order of the Iris of Merit is not an Iris (the old
Fleur-de-lis, mayhap in Ansteorran black and gold) but a heraldic rainbow?
What is the connection? Was this done simply to accomodate the multi-colored
sash members wear on the shoulder? If so, why call it an Iris at all?
That has me curious...
~Finnacan