[Bards] Symbology

TheSpatlord at aol.com TheSpatlord at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 22:04:30 PDT 2003

 Some ideas that come to mind are the following, though I wouldn't call them
"universal" or "international"...

A lyre, especially the greek style
A songbird, such as a nightingale, a linnet or a sparrow
A lute (later time periods)
A silver branch hung with bells (early european, especially Irish and
Scottish)
A silver armring (Again, early european)
Feathers (not only for the bird association, but for feathered cloaks
mentioned in certain poetics)
A hearthfire
A bench or chair or cushion (numerous correlations)
Pan pipes
The Muses
Angelic musicians (later time periods)
Leaves, fruits or flowers associated with poetry, inspiration, memory, music,
etc.
A flowing cup

...Granted, this is just my rambling on about the first things that sprang to
mind.
~Finnacan