[Bards] writing a saga

ML lymadelina at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 13:15:59 PDT 2003

Bonjour!

I am attempting to write my first saga, and would like
some pointers.  Does anyone here have a favorite
website or book that gives good examples?  What, if
any, is the basic meter one would expect to hear?
>From what I can tell, rhyming is pretty much
non-existant, but alliteration seems to be a plus.  I
understand some of the sagas are VERY long, but what
would be the shortest acceptable length?

Being a Norman, I really should learn more about my
ancestors, ya' know!

Many thanks,
Madelina de Lindesay