[Bards] Poetry Exercise #10 - The Poet's Revenge

Samuel E Orton iainmacc at juno.com
Sun Dec 7 23:25:23 PST 2003

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:58:28 -0600 Ulf Gunnarsson <ulfie at cox.net> writes:

> My contribution (I daz ya to find poetry in it):
> I started breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage.
> With this came pancakes as well as biscuits and gravy.
> The gravy was a touch watery, but the syrup was good.
> The strips of bacon were greasy but the dry sausage made up for
> that.

        Ah, what I would give for a breakfast like that. It has been some
little time since I was in that league. You caught me at a good time, as
I actually *had* breakfast for a change.
        ...Waitaminit.... 'Breakfast' kind of implies that you were awake
this morning.... you were awake before noon on a Sunday? What kinda bard
are you, anyway? *grin*

        My breakfast this morning was Malt-O-Meal, complete with training
in how to avoid lumps.
        Malt-O-Meal is a bit difficult for me to describe.
        Rather nutty, in the way bread products are, creamy, slightly
malty, yes.
        The honey and butter were necessary, and nice touches, and the
milk to go with it was a good completion of the experience.

      In Joyful Service,

              Iain MacCrimmon