[Bards] Poetry Exercise #10 - The Poet's Revenge

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Wed Dec 10 15:58:54 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/7/2003 10:59:11 PM Central Standard Time, ulfie at cox.net
writes:
Describe what you had for breakfast and how it tasted.  Use four
complete sentences. Each sentence should have at least eight words
minimum.
The snowy landscape that greeted me this morning, inspired a breakfast treat
from my childhood, cream of wheat!
Memory is contained in many things, a sound, a smell, and of course, taste.
As I stirred in the butter and salt, I recalled happy, carefree winter mornings
as a little girl, of finding out there was no school because of weather!
Alas, the creamy bowl was followed today instead, by scrapping windshields,
and crawling through traffic to that little grey cubicle, the oubliette of
modern times....

Anawyn