[Bards] New Question

Tausha Walker celesteeh at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 01:03:12 PDT 2003

I mostly sing. I do some poetry too. I am trying to improve my poetry and stroytelling.

                                          Celeste

willow Taylor <willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:
Dear fellow Bards

I am a new question. What do you perform in the SCA?
I have been a story teller for most of my life. When I was ten I set up
a story telling booth next to my girl friend's lemonade booth and made as
much money as she did. When I started in the SCA I wasn't a performer. I
was an organizer and an autocrat. I didn't really start to build my
persona until I was in Ansteorra. When I started to work on my historical
persona I realized that entertainment is part of the role of a person in
the middle ages. Everybody did something. The gentle born were suppose
to do more. People entertained themselves and it would of gotten really
boring if everybody didn't perform . Who was that Saxon cleric who prayed
to God to help him out because when the horn was passed to him he could
not think of anything? As I advanced in the SCA I became a patron of the
bardic arts. In history you will find many nobles who did things like
that, Robert of Normandy and Richard the Lionhearted. They usually
participated in the art form. So my performance are part of my living my
persona.

Willow de Wisp

As the bird learned to fly free, so shall we. Also as the fleur-de lis is three parts of a whole, so are we....Mind, Body, and most of all....Spirit                                         Lady Celeste Courtenay de Montmorency

per bend wavy purpure and vert. A bend wavy between a bustard rising and a fleur-de-lys or.