[Bards] New Question

willow Taylor willowjonbardc at juno.com
Tue Jul 1 19:00:28 PDT 2003

Dear Iain

It is important to tell people the old stories but is very important to
keep the new middle ages alive too. But here is something you might not
of thought about. We have created this medieval kingdom of Ansteorra
based on a hodgepodge of medieval concepts. As the kingdom runs it is
suppose to teach us about life in a real medieval kingdom. Some of our
most valued beliefs in the SCA come from medieval values. Courtesy for
example. People in the medieval ages learned many of their values from
the stories told to them, since we have a similar situation and hold
similar values we can teach people about the SCA using these same
stories.

I did not come into the SCA to learn by writing papers. I came in hoping
to learn history and medieval arts and crafts by doing them. Bardic arts
in its historical context was a dynamic part of the culture. I feed
bardic arts in Ansteorra should a dynamic part of our culture.

Willow

       Yes, I know that part of the function of a bard is to