[Bards] Running Title Bardic Competition

Gottfried Krimmelbein gottfried at zamigo.net
Wed Jul 2 10:45:23 PDT 2003

My fellow Bards,

First of all I'd like to invite you all to come to Golden Arrow IX Sept. 26-28 to be hosted by StoneBrdige Keep (Victoria, Texas) www.geocities.com/stonebridgekeep

Also I am seeking 3 Bardic Judges for the competition -- any willing Bards to take this up please notify me.

Secondly I'd like to get your thoughts, opinions and insights on  running Title Bardic Competition.  Here are my thoughts.

Primary Objective to entertain the masses and have fun.

Second Objective to get as Many Bards to come and participate, be they renowned or not so renowned.

Dilemma: When during an event to hold Bardic.

If held during the day there's little participation due to other events going on and the masses don't get to hear.

If held during feast, hard to judge, and often interruptions.

If held at night, then Bardic winner not announced during court and there by given just recognition -- not that any bard seeks recognition (no none of us are hams)

What are your thoughts on this?