[Bards] Bard's List

Amanda Bowen reason_prevails at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 11:56:43 PDT 2003

>Do any of you quiet people have anything you would like to know?

*raises hand timidly*

I'm from down Stargate way, so I haven't had the chance to see many (if any)
of you perform. I don't get out of my home barony much (read: at all) so
there isn't much prospect of that unless some of you come down to Yule or
some such event.

I do have a question, though, pertaining to the last Stargate Yule. There
was a man I saw there dressed as I recall in blue and white. He told a story
first of the strife between the many baronies of Ansteorra, and how we
finally became a true kingdom. His second was a story about the rise of the
rapier fighters in our fair kingdom. Both stories had me nearly in tears for
the way they were told. My question is, who was it that was telling those
stories? I never heard his name, and he left so soon after court that I
could not ask him.

Here's another question for everyone: Do you have a favorite period piece?
I've heard a lot of talk on this list about the old Society favorites and
some of the folk songs and pieces that people in this kingdom have written,
but little enough about truly period music.

And I'm going back to lurkdom now.

Galiana
(hi, Snorri, if you're here)