[Bards] Bard's List

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Tue Jun 17 22:00:38 PDT 2003

> *raises hand timidly*

Galiana, have we met?

> I do have a question, though, pertaining to the last Stargate Yule. There
> was a man I saw there dressed as I recall in blue and white.
/snip/
 Both stories had me nearly
> in tears for
> the way they were told. My question is, who was it that was telling those
> stories? I never heard his name, and he left so soon after court that I
> could not ask him.

That would be Master Robin of Gilwell who has a talent for the writing and
telling of stories that leaves me dumbstruck every time I get a chance to
watch him.

> Here's another question for everyone: Do you have a favorite period piece?
> I've heard a lot of talk on this list about the old Society favorites and
> some of the folk songs and pieces that people in this kingdom
> have written,
> but little enough about truly period music.

I'm a musician, and I tend toward the musical.

For spritely, I like, Penser ne doit vilenie danse (13th century france).

For slower my favorite has to be Amoroso (14th Ct. Italian I think)

Just a sampling.

Gerald.