[Bards] Bard's List

ED Reese edreese at m7bedlam.com
Tue Jun 17 02:08:08 PDT 2003

--
More or less in answer....

I am new to the list, responding to the request on the Steppes list to join
the Bards list, if so interested.

I live outside Whitewright, in Fannin Country, right on the border between
Fannin and Grayson County. I play with Glaslyn, and attended the last
Steppes bardic practice -- my first. (Believe it or not, Denton is actually
closer than most Steppes events to where I live!)

I moved to Ansteorra last October and plan to make it my home. My previous
SCA experience is in An Tir, fifteen thru ten years ago. I spent the last
ten years in Caid, mostly dormant. I make my living as a writer, and tell
stories in the SCA for fun. (Have no idea how to sing, and don't know how
to play an instrument, but I enjoy telling stories.)

Scholar wise, I have some good knowledge of Dante, and some general
knowledge of the high Medieval epic in general (I'm especially interested
in fooling about with El Cantar Del Mio Cid: Anyone doing anything with
that, in translation or original language?) That's about it -- other than
loving to be an attentive audience!

When is the next bardic practice, btw? The last one was a blast, and
everyone was so nice!

Esther of Ennis Merth

At 02:59 AM 6/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Do we know how many people are on the list at this time? How many
>different areas do we have represented.?

SNIP'D
--

---