[Bards] war song

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 11:04:01 PDT 2003

Greetings!

I am searching for a song, and I know this will sound
very vague, but I heard it from Baroness Margery de
Bray.  I was about war, and how it affected the women
left behind.  I cannot remember the tune or even a
line from it, merely the impression I got from the
song.  It was very emotional, full of despair at the
sometimes meaningless reasons for war.  Someone
suggested it might be in the Elfsea Newcomer's Song
Book, which I have, of course, misplaced or lost.
Does anyone know if there is an online source for it
(the ENSB), or by chance recall the song?

Many thanks,
Ly Madelina de Lindesaya
Canton of Loch Ruadh
Barony of Elfsea