[Bards] Those Who Serve

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Wed May 28 12:35:10 PDT 2003

Finnegan replied to Robert answering Antonia in response to the cow with the
crumpled horn connected to the thigh bone with men on first or first and
second with less than two outs, with less than $400 declared on Schedule B,
line 36, and the cheese stands alone:

RF>         Thank you.  What's really odd though is that when I was running
this
RF>  through my head to memorize it I kept hearing Robin of Gilwell's voice
doing
RF>  it.  I don't know why.

F> Honestly...
F>   Haven't we ALL channeled Master Robin a time or two?
F> Or least imitated him in hopes of breaking through some lyrical enigma
that
F> had us stumped?

Oh, goodness, no!  Imitate lots of things if you must, but not my VOICE.

Seriously, it's an excellent poem, Robert.  It's easy to write a piece
praising fighters, because a fight is inherently a story -- it has a
beginning, a middle, and an end. with suspense and action.  Praising workers
(or artists) is *much* harder, and I'm glad to sse it done well.

Perform this in Elfsea, late at night around a campfire, when Rosalia and
her friends are all present.  It's the kind of poem that can bring us all
together.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin