[Bards] Poetic Exercise #7

Marie Adams marie.adams at visionoflove.net
Wed Nov 5 10:22:46 PST 2003

Hi, I'm a bit behind here; our lives have been very crazy lately. But the
dog's outside, and baby's taking a nap, so I finally had time to do this.
Most are serious, but a few are humorous.

Sword - child of the forge
Rapier - instrument of dueling
Arrow- winged killer
Lady - grace and kindness personified
King - guiding hand of the kingdom
Queen - power behind the throne (hee hee!) OR helpmate to the King and
producer of heirs
Crown - golden royal seal for the head
Battle - a physical dispute
Blood - red liquid life OR the sign you lost the duel
Warrior - hand of the king
Tourney - a friendly, civilized battle
Armor - shield of death for the warrior
Shield - target for the sword (in the mind of him who holds the shield
anyway)
Honor - code of the knights
Knight - defenders of honor and of the realm
Don - hand of the queen, who defends her honor
Herald - the endless voice of court
Music - mead for the hearing
Bard - proclaimer of noble feats OR he who dispenses mead for the hearing,
and ingests mead for the drinking
Beer - child of the wheat and water
Wolf - black dog of the forest
Raven - the battle's clean-up crew
Ansteorra - home of the noble Black Star
SCA event - where past and present embrace
Internet - much knowledge in a magic box

	Lady Serena