[Bards] Begging the Question -- Documentation at Eisteddfodd

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Sat Nov 22 18:33:30 PST 2003

Greetings All,

Tiggy, these are great questions. Please keep them coming if you have any
more - I don't want anyone to be confused about what is going on. And that
goes for anyone else who has questions. If you have questions, please post
them. I apologize for not being as forthcoming with the details as I should
have been. I've been quite busy with the casting and starting up of
rehearsals for the next production of The Baron's Men - so look for "The
Merry Wives of Windsor" next spring! Okay, now that the shameless plug is
over...

Here's the deal with the required documentation:

1. Please make multiple copies; three should be sufficient.

2. I will post the documentation drop off location at the gate and have an
announcement or two made during the day. Documentation will need to be
dropped off an hour prior to the competition in order to give the judges
time to read it.

3. We will be using the Ansteorran Performance Judging Forms. You can get a
copy of those forms on the State of the Arts website
(http://www.ansteorra.org/orders/peerage/laurel/ALWForms.htm#AnsteorranForms
).

4. Any documentation is better than no documentation, but the better the
documentation, the higher the score. So yes; the quality of documentation
could have an affect on who is in the top or bottom 50% of a round. If you
look at the judging form, you'll see that documentation is part of the
score.

If someone submits documentation for more than two pieces, that "extra"
documentation will be counted as extra credit (for lack of a better term)
for the pieces that accompany the documentation.

5. Points: as mentioned above, we'll be using the Ansteorran judging forms.
So the points will be generated using those forms.

I think that I have covered all of Tiggy's questions. AS I said above,
please post any remaining questions here and I'll answer them. I'll also
send a more comprehensive post to Ansteorra to cover more ground.

Would anyone out there like/need some info about what makes good
documentation? If so, I'll be happy to dig something up and post it here.

Thanks,
Pendaran