[Bards] period carols

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Nov 25 13:27:45 PST 2003

Antoinette,

Try An Online Christmas Songbook, at http://christmassongbook.net/

The site has a large number of songs, hymns and carols, and clicking a link
will take you to the sheet music with word, plus a background midi of the
tune.  The history of each piece in listed at the end of the sheet music,
with date and composer if known, and/or approximately when the piece dates
from.  Example:

Words:     Good Christian Men, Rejoice
John Mason Neale (1818-1866)
Music:     IN DULCI JUBILO §1143 - Anon., Michael Vehe, Gesangbuch, Leipzig
1537
harmonization by Charles Winfred Douglas, 1918
>>Midi File [s1143k.mid]<<

Hope this helps.

In Service,
Padraig