[Bards] Riddle Answers

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Fri Oct 3 20:40:21 PDT 2003

Gerald wrote:
> That was fun!  Are we giving the answers later?  Or are the answers so
> obvious that no one needs the answers given?

I'd say wait.  Let people guess in private email.  After a week, we can
share the answers.  Or, if you must, you can badger the poet in private
email for the answer before that.

Remember that these do not need to be hard.  Simple ones that you could
guess from the first line are fine.  Anyone who does bardic stuff for a
while is sometimes asked to entertain children, and simple riddles are
great.  Children still enjoy word games that we stuffy adults have
"outgrown". (I have an opinion on that...)  This will help build up your
repertoire of riddles.

In fact, hit the "print" button on some of these and try them out on
your children or your co-workers.  They are short enough that you could
write them down in a notebook, creating a collection of riddles to
inflict on your mates in camp or on fellow travelers to far-away events.

Ulf Gunnarsson