[Bards] more triolets

Haines, Paul PHA at allseas.com
Mon Feb 23 09:31:23 PST 2004

Ah, you're quite right.  A typo on my part.  Thank you for pointing that
out.  The triolet is a French form that gets its name from one line being
repeated three times.  The poem consists of eight lines, generally in iambic
tetrameter (I've seen some exceptions, but my dear teacher seems to wrap me
on the hand when I stray from it. :P )  The rhyme scheme is:
ABaAabAB.  The A line and the B line are repeated, while the a lines rhyme
with the A line and the b line rhymes with the B line.  It's a very
challenging poetic style because your essentially trying to convey the
meaning through a very limiting structure.  I've written a couple one-off
triolets and a couple poems using multiple triolets (like "A Last Request").
When I get some adequate documentation written up, I'll post it for
everyone.

I should also send these poems to Bersi to add to the webpage.

In service,
Alden