[Bards] A Question of Timing in Elfsea

Lady Simone simone at elfsea.net
Thu Feb 26 09:18:31 PST 2004

Elfsea and Steppes Bardic competitions are normally one shotters, bring out
your best and do your best. and they normally last a few hours. Elfsea's at
one point had rounds but the competition wasn't getting over until 1 or 2 in
the morning.

For those of us that compete the competition is fun but tuff. there is a lot
of very great bards that compete in these two competitions,  making it a
great learning experience to perform in it. and entraining for the audience
as well.  We seem to have more bards competing each year, which is a real
GOOD thing,  the time constraint makes a lot of since. there are a lot of
period pieces available that fit the timing. a good bard should not have a
problem with it.

The timing is also good for our audience. though we are recreating history
our audience still comes from a 21 century world and if we go over 5 in a
performance unless your really really good you run the risk of losing your
audience.

keep your into short and sweet, chose a short piece. you can always provide
the judges with documentation prior to competing..

Lady (Simone) Muirenn ingen Senáin uí Dúnlaing
2nd Rose of FalconRose Southern Keep, Ansteorra