[Bards] From Eleanor Fairchild - on Eisteddfod

Meggan Cividanes harperaria at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 06:21:46 PST 2004

>>> Why did more of you not compete? This question is in no way meant
to shake a finger at anyone, as I have only competed in one kingdom
Eisteddfod myself, and had a different reason each year for not
competing until then. I have participated in/judged many baronial and
shire title bard competitions which had twenty or more competitors, and
I wonder what the difference is. I am asking to see if we can help
strengthen the community by discovering what <<<

For me, it was mostly a mundane life issue. I am in the middle of
studying for my Master's Comprehensive Exam in English and teaching, so
I did not have time to focus on documentation, nor to make the event
itself in preparing for the upcoming exam and semester.

I would like to say that this years competition sounded wonderful and I
desperately regret missing it. Vivat to the participants, and to our
new Kingdom bard! I hope to make it next year!

~Ly Lilas MacGuffin