[Bards] Bardic collegium - ideas

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 06:41:08 PST 2004

Thank you! It would be so nice to come home for
something I love so much! Bardic is just starting to
get off the ground here in Atenveldt once more and it
would be fantastic to bring my baby bards with me to
something like this. That way, they can see just what
they can do with a little practice and lots of
encouragement. :o)

I AM SO STOKED!!!!
Eleanor
--- Dawn Rummel <dsrummel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, yes - please join us!  The more the merrier!
> As I said, details will be forthcoming.  And now
> you're in my spreadsheet of ideas! (yes, I make a
> spreadsheet for everything)
>
> Antonia/Dawn
>
> Tessa Nieto <eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Heck, if you guys don't mind an Atenveldter coming
> out, I wouldn't mind teaching a Bardic 101 class and
> class on Interkingdom Bardic practices and
> traditions.
>

> If this does get off the ground, I am at your
> service!
>
> Lady Eleanor Cleavely
> Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
> Bard of Sun Dragon
> Kingdom of Atenveldt
> --- "Biggs, Truly" wrote:
> > Oops - Sorry to have continued on a topic that is
> > dead.
> >

> > So:
> >

> > I would be delighted to help with this event - and
> > think it is an
> > excellent idea.
> >
> > I will offer up the two classes I have had good
> > experiences with
> > teaching in the past which are:
> >

> > Vocal/Performance Coaching
> >
> > Performance Technique
> >

> > I have several other ideas for classes that I
> would
> > hope to have time to
> > prepare, but I can't make any promises. Let me
> know
> > if any of these
> > seems really interesting to you.
> >

> > Beginning Music Theory (how to start learning to
> > read music)
> >
> > Historical Harmony (The beginnings of polyphony)
> >
> > Bardcraft in other Kingdoms (What's it like over
> > there?)
> >
> > How to choose a piece that's right for you
> (Finding
> > your medium)
> >
> > Choral conducting
> >

> > Round tables?
> >

> > Define "bardcraft" - with Robin, Pendaran, Willow,
> > Robert Fitz Morgan,
> > and someone who has been in the SCA for less than
> > year.
> >

> > Tricks of the trade - (Overcoming stage fright,
> > don't eat candy before
> > you sing, warm-ups, how to get an audience's
> > attention)
> >
> > (Simone,
> > Antonia, Gerald, Kat, And
> > I'd love to be on this panel)
> >

> > Music trading circle - go around the circle on
> > topics such as "What's
> > the first song/poem that you remember hearing in
> the
> > SCA, or What's the
> > best thing you ever wrote - or what do you think
> > your strongest piece
> > is, and why"
> >

> > A "do that thing you once did" circle. Go around
> and
> > each person
> > requests a piece that you have heard someone do -
> or
> > that is your
> > favorite of someone else's. You don't perform when
> [...]
=== message truncated ===>

=====
We are the musicmakers...and we are the dreamers of dreams -  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Habea en animo - I am resolved