[Bards] Bardic Collegium - Attendees

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Tue Jan 13 20:47:29 PST 2004

> Many people have written that they would love to attend - most
> think we'll be able to pull many people who are not on this list?
> Think carefully about this - the answer will have a very big impact
> on whether I try to make it it's own event or attach it to something
> else.

If it's in the center of the kingdom, well-publicized, and not in conflict with a major event, 50-100 people, maybe a little more.  (Sheer guess, but I believe it.)

> An additional thought - King's College is on the calendar for June
>(site TBA) - I could ask the autocrats to allow one or two tracks
> of bardic classes.  Comments?

Well, having a bardic collegium at King's College isn't an event of bards gathered together in mutual support; it's just one of many tracks.  This is a Good Thing, and I recommend having a bardic track at King's College, but that doesn't replace the event we were talking about.

For one thing, if it's at King's College, I'll still attend, but I'll have other classes and won't be able to spend as much time at the bardic track.  For another, the track either loses many of the students, or we encourage the bards to avoid other classes.  This is not a Good Thing.

Have the track at King's College.  Also have a Bardic Collegium.  They are not interchangeable.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin