[Bards] Ansteorran Eisteddfod

Dawn Rummel dsrummel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 18:11:16 PST 2004

Hi!  Antonia here.  The competition went 4 rounds, and the finals were between HL Eleanor O'Roarke, Bella (I'm sorry - I'm not sure of her proper title or name), and myself.  There were a total of 8 competitors, and each performance was a treasure.  I am honored and stunned by the outcome, as the fine ladies in the final round were fantastic and I look forward to performing with/against them again in the future.

Since the question was posed, the following is what I performed:  "Personent Hodie" (a 16th century Finnish Christmas song), 2 poems by my own hand ("Love's Toys" and "Order of the Rose"), and a poem by Master Hector of the Black Height ("For Cuan").  In the final round, HL Eleanor performed "The Sable Star Alone" beautifully, and while I do not remember the name of the song Bella performed, it was haunting and lovely and penned by her own hand.

I look forward to serving the kingdom for the next year as Titled Bard, and I hope to help continue the renaissance that the bardic arts is enjoying in this kingdom.

Doña Antonia
Titled Bard of Ansteorra, Bryn Gwlad, and Brad Leah

Teresa Atkerson <tatkerson at cox.net> wrote:
And what did she perform?

Ly. Megge