[Bards] Innkeeper of the Bloated Frog

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Tue Jun 1 08:46:31 PDT 2004

Comments below.

Snorri

-----Original Message-----
From: bards-bounces+snorri=houston.rr.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:bards-bounces+snorri=houston.rr.com at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of
WkTadhg
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 10:22 AM
To: 'Ansteorran Bardic list'
Subject: [Bards] Innkeeper of the Bloated Frog

Greetings,

At the Ansteorran Argent Anniversary, the Barony of Namron is hosting a
tavern...Their Excellencies' Storm Cellar...

[Snorri Hallsson] Ooh, bad pun, which naturally means it'll stick like glue.
Ulfie, is this your doing or Tadhg's?  I'd put either one of you up to it.

I wanted to take this opportunity to invite one and all to join us with
music, story and song.

I am trying to ensure our patrons receive the finest hospitality and
entertainment available.  As such, I am planning to reserve a table for the
bards to take their ease. It has been suggested that various entertainers
might be game for "singing for their supper"...hopefully, this would add to
the atmosphere of the Inn, and provide needed sustenance. So, I ask--does
this suit your fancy?

[Snorri Hallsson] Well, it'll resolve that age-old quandary within my soul,
should I eat or do bardic?  Not only does this give me the chance to do
both, I don't even have to worry about which order I should do them in.
Score!

If the community is amenable, I will also see to it that a dedicated pot(s)
of soup is reserved and maintained throughout the evenings. This brings me
to my second question:  how do you feel about cock-a-leekie soup and/or
scotch broth?  (The former is chicken and leeks; the latter is beef and
barley.)

[Snorri Hallsson] Personal suggestion - you should offer both, and if you
feel ambitious, offer a vegetarian selection as well.  There's enough
non-carnivores in Ansteorra to warrant it, though you probably shouldn't
make as much of that as you do the meat selections - but those that want to
partake and suddenly can because of your consideration of their
dietary/ethical concerns will be very, very grateful.  I'd suggest one-sixth
vegetarian, one-third cock-a-leekie and one-half scotch broth as a starting
point for how much of each to prepare.  Also, if you're going to offer
cheese, whatever you think you're going to need, either buy half again that,
or just double it.  The Crown Tavern Gróa and I did a year and a half ago
ran out of what we thought was plenty of cheese within two hours of opening.

Banter and questions encouraged.

Regards,
Tadhg
Innkeeper