[Bards] Let's Talk About Bardic Circles ...

Martha Schreffler mot at swbell.net
Thu May 20 11:19:13 PDT 2004

I just wanted to make a remark about passing an object to a person you want to hear perform (as opposed to passing it around a circle).  I went to a bardic circle at an "away" event and had a piece prepared.  I had a friend who kept nudging me going "You need to perform!". No one ever passed the object to me.  I recall going home feeling let down because I'd put a lot of work into the piece.

Based on that experience, I think I'd have preferred the object get passed to everyone in the circle and you could "pass" if you wanted to.

Mot