[Bards] in need of a bit of help here

Robert Fitzmorgan fridenberg at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 18:39:21 PDT 2004

The Bards list is Archived.  Go to http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/bards/ you will have to hunt it down but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Robert
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Haines
  To: Ansteorran Bardic list
  Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [Bards] in need of a bit of help here

  Some good news....
  I managed to salvage my sonnets!
  The triolets are definitely gone though.

  ~Alden

  Paul Haines <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    Well, I discovered the wonders of USB storage sticks and decided to pick up one that can hold 128MB!  Wow...it was great...I put a whole bunch of stuff on one stick that relieved me from carrying around a bunch of floppies.  It was like a portable hard drive that I could plug into anyone's computer....How handy!

    Yeah....until it started eating files - including, but not limited to my sonnet and triolet files.  I've sinced moved what remained OFF the stick and back onto a hard drive.

    What I'd like to know is if anyone managed to save any of the poetry I put on the list, could you please mail a copy back to me?  Some of my sonnets are safe on the bardic website, but I wrote a few that I hadn't put up there yet.  If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!  I may have some of my lost sonnets printed out in my bard book - I'll have to check, but I don't believe I printed any of my triolets.

    With thanks,
    Alden