[Bards] Ahem....

ED Reese reese_esther at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 22:34:20 PST 2004

Thank you, in advance, for your indulgence.

This British Maiden, she is confus-ed,

Despite the research she hath pursu-ed:

One foot, two foot -- no, tis five times two feet!

A prosody that tempts the rhyme t'cheat.

(Though blank verse seems a trick quite neat!)

As Tiggy said, it's all about the beat!

So my lords and ladies, band of bold bards --

Herein have I laid all of these, my cards.

Take pity on this befuddled seeker,

Is _this_ in iambic pentameter?

HL Esther of Ennis Merth

(My dictionary said that the last rhyme is correct, though I think that would depend on accent and region of the world where you learned your English. pen TAM e ter)

http://mail.yahoo.com