[Bards] Dont Tell a Bard(new filk)

Zach Greggs chrisfroste at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 19:37:49 PDT 2004

Please, tell me what you think......I get my ideas from watching tv.....and this one just stuck with me.....as ive never heard a filk to this song, I thought id see what you think

Don't Tell a Bard

Tune: Achy Breaky Heart
New lyrics by Frosty

You can tell an earl, and watch your plans unfurl,
You can tell the whole world when its dont
You can tell your friends all about your plans
And how youll really screw with the crown

You can tell a herald, but then your plans imperiled
You can tell them all of what youll do
Or you can tell a knight, and get thrown of site
But then youll have to make your plans anew

Chorus:
But dont tell a bard
A filk writing bard
I just dont think hed understand
And if you tell a bard
A filk writing bard
His song might just get you banned

You can tell your dad, its the best plan youve had
You can tell your house right away
Or tell your pirate ship, and let those cannons rip
Youll be the one who has to pay

Or tell your consort fair, and lean towards prayer
We already know it will work out
Or you can tell the guys, and see if this is wise
It might just blow up in your face

Chorus

Chorus

I told you it was bad.