[Bards] Voices of the Star

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 13 12:54:06 PDT 2004

Hi folks,
I just wanted to post to the list and thank everyone who took time to contribute to the 'Voices of the Star' bard book.  I received a total of 60 submissions to enter into the book.  The book stands at 52 pages (8.5x11), so there will be plenty of new material being passed around the kingdom for us to learn.  After all, there are few compliments more appreciated for a bard than to hear his own material being performed by others.

Now that the deadline for submissions has passed, I'm busily getting the book wrapped up and ready for print.  As far as the music goes, the written music has been included on a best endeavor basis - that endeavor being shared by Master Michael Silverhands and myself.  To avoid copyright issues, I opted to not print music for songs that were filked, but I did indicate what the original song was and the artist, so you can get a copy of the music on your own.

Once the book is complete, I will have a PDF copy available for download posted on the web and I will post with it's location.

Again, my greatest thanks to all who contributed to make this bard book possible, and those who sent to me words of appreciation.

In service,
Alden Drake